CT Real Estate Broker License Requirements
Requirements for obtaining a real estate broker license in Connecticut include:
- Completion of the mandatory 60-hour Real Estate Principles and Practices course.
Note: As of January 1, 2014, real estate sales persons licensees who had completed a mandatory 30-hour version of this course in the past will need to retake the full 60-hour mandatory course.
- Completion of the mandatory 15-hour Real Estate Brokerage Principles and Practices course.
- Completion of the mandatory 15-hour Legal Compliance course.
- Having been licensed as a Connecticut real estate salesperson for 2 years.
- Completion of 20 real estate transactions (legal transfer of real property or execution of lease agreement) within the last 5 years or completion of 2 approved pre-license elective courses worth 15 hours each or completion of 1 approved 30-hour pre-license course.
- Applying for and passing the state exam.