Understanding Credit and Improving Credit Scores: What You Need to Know (3 hours)
Add value to your clients and expand your client base by serving the large population of individuals with tarnished credit. You will learn strategies that you can immediately share with your clients to help them improve their credit scores and get approved for a mortgage. In this course you will explore credit scores, credit reports, and credit bureaus.
You will gain strategies for preventing identity theft and improving credit. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the Fair Credit Billing Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Help clients identify negative information on their credit reports
- Explain how credit scores are calculated and how lenders evaluate the ability to pay
- Determine if clients could benefit from credit repair
- Explain how to improve clients' credit scores